- Sue Germer, co-founder of PlayPosit, graduated from the University of Chicago and Stanford Law School. She practiced law for several years before joining the Teach For America corps and focusing her life and career on educational access and equity. While in the corps and after, Sue’s struggles to personalize learning for her students prompted her and her fellow instructor, Ben Levy, to create PlayPosit and solve that problem. With PlayPosit, Sue and Ben afforded personalized learning to their students asynchronously and synchronously with high-quality analytics to assist them in evaluating the effectiveness of their instruction. Over 10 years, Sue built the current partnership base for PlayPosit which includes 100’s of districts, universities, companies, and colleges that prioritize the quality of their learning experiences for their staff, instructors, students, and community. Today, she continues to drive PlayPosit’s growth and evolution, ensuring that the company meets the needs and vision of its current and future partners.
- Candace Robertson is the Operations Manager for CCC TechConnect, where she manages and coordinates the design, development, marketing, implementation and maintenance of technology products and services provided to the faculty and staff of the system. Previously she served as Project Manager for the Professional Learning Network, currently known as the Vision Resource Center.
Add interactivity to the timeline of your videos for enhanced class assignments, interactive discussion based lectures, homework problem sets and more. Use interactivity in videos to assess student learning with questions, feedback sites, practice websites and layers of data. Every student watches the same video and answers predetermined questions. Students can receive immediate feedback, grades, type in notes, comments and participate in discussion forums. Best of all – everything is integrated in Canvas. (PlayPosit is available for free to the CCC system through the CCC TechConnect Project funded by a California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office Grant)
- Understand the added value of PlayPosit Instructional Design studio.
- Explore use cases of interactive video learning objects across content areas.
- Understand how to access PlayPosit in Canvas and build interactive learning objects.