THE CALL FOR PROPOSALS FOR THE 2020 ONLINE TEACHING CONFERENCE IS NOW OPEN! (Submission deadline is January 31, 2020)
Thank you for your interest in submitting a proposal to present a session at OTC’20! We look forward to receiving your submission! (We recommend you read all information provided here before you submit a proposal.)
Timeline and Proposal Criteria
- Submissions are due January 31, 2020.
- Notifications will be sent in February 2020.
- Each session is 50 minutes, generally 40 minutes of content / 10 minutes Q&A.
- Each proposal may have up to 4 presenters.
- We invite up to 2 proposals per presenter.
- We welcome non-commercial presentations from educators in the California Community Colleges and beyond. (If you are a vendor, please visit our sponsors page for more information.)
- Proposal must be submitted electronically.
- All approved presenters & co-presenters need to register at the early bird rate by March 30, 2020
- Presenters will be asked to upload related resources (documents or links) prior to their presentation.
Want to write a great proposal?
We want your proposal to be accepted as much as you do, but we have a limited number of open sessions available. To support your success, here is a list of questions for you to consider before you submit. Does your proposal:
- Align with the needs and interests of online educators?
- Relate to the “Empowering the Online Teaching Community” Conference Theme?
- Demonstrate a connection to one of the conference tracks?
- Clearly convey what your audience will learn from your session?
- Contribute thoughtfully to an existing practice or technology; or present an emerging strategy, technology, or issue?
Conference participants expect to be challenged and engaged by topics that are current and relevant to the field of online teaching. We are particularly looking for engaging and creative proposals that align with the following conference tracks:
- Effective Online Teaching Practices
- Equity in Online Teaching and Learning
- Support and Resources
- Technology Innovation
- Leadership and Administration
The Online Teaching Conference is well known for providing practical skills for educators to use in their online courses. To continue this approach, we encourage you to submit a presentation proposal that incorporates real world application practices (e.g., How to…, Tips and Tricks, Best Practices, Hands-On, etc.) delivered in one of the following formats:
- Presentation (one presenter)
- Panel Presentation with Co-presenters (presenter tables will be set up with a maximum of four chairs)
- Hands-on Demonstration (laptop, tablet, or mobile device is required for attendees)
Tip for Developing Your Proposal
As you develop your proposal, we suggest that you create your draft submission in a Word file and be prepared to provide responses to the Proposal Questions. Once you have your proposal information ready, it generally takes about 10-15 minutes to enter your contact information, co-presenter information, and cut/paste your written responses into the dialogue boxes. Click here to download the proposal questions and guide in word format.
Online Teaching Conference (2020 will be its 20th year) is a unique face-to-face premier gathering of faculty, staff, and administrators leading the way in developing innovative and effective online education. As an inter-segmental conference focused on curriculum, pedagogy and technology to improve online instruction, learning, and student success, the Online Teaching Conference is an opportunity for educators to network with colleagues, connect, share knowledge, impart and receive best practices, and develop professionally.
The Online Teaching Conference is an annual non-profit event presented by TechConnect and funded under a California Community Colleges Chancellors Office grant. The conference connects online educators within as well as outside the CCC system and promotes high quality online teaching and course design.
For speaker submission questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (760) 744-1150 x1519.