An online “Student Support Hub” enables one-stop access to a variety of actionable online support people and resources for our students. MiraCosta College and Saddleback College worked with the CVC-OEI to pioneer a Canvas-based Student Support Hub. This panel discussion will explore how several California Community Colleges are adapting and implementing this important resource for student success and equity. For most colleges, while this may be an enticing concept, leadership and collaboration is needed to successfully establish a Student Support Hub. The panel will share various perspectives on key aspects of this work, including:
• Bringing people together around the hub concept;
• Making decisions on which services to include;
• Figuring out which tools to use, and how to do so effectively;
• Creating and following implementation processes;
• Navigating challenges with technologies, work cultures, HR, etc.;
• And more!