2019 Online Teaching Conference: Cultivating Connections & Community
Call for Proposals is NOW OPEN! (Submission deadline is January 31, 2019)
The Online Teaching Conference is an annual event presented by CCC TechConnect and supported by the California Community Colleges for faculty, staff and administrators who are engaged or interested in online education. The conference connects online educators within as well as outside the CCC system and promotes high quality online teaching and course design which cultivates connections and creates communities that foster equitable teaching, learning and most importantly, student success.
Thank you for your interest in submitting a proposal to present a session at OTC’19!
We look forward to receiving your submissions!
(We recommend you read all information provided here before scrolling down to the bottom of the page for the link to submit a proposal)
Timeline and Proposal Criteria
- Submission are due January 31, 2019.
- Notifications will be sent in February 2019.
- Each session is 50 minutes, generally 40 minutes of content / 10 minutes Q&A.
- Each proposal may have up to 4 presenters.
- We invite up to 2 proposals per presenter.
- We welcome non-commercial presentations from educators in the California Community Colleges and beyond.
- Proposal must be submitted electronically.
- All approved presenters & co-presenters need to register at the early bird rate by March 30, 2019.
Conference participants expect to be challenged and engaged by topics that are current and relevant to the field of online teaching. We are particularly looking for engaging and creative proposals that align with the following conference tracks:
- Effective Online Teaching Practices
- Equity in Online Teaching and Learning
- Support and Resources for your Online Students
- Support and Resources for Online Faculty and Staff
- Technology Innovation
- Leadership and Administration
The Online Teaching Conference is well known for providing practical skills for educators to use in their online courses. To continue this approach, we encourage you to submit a presentation proposal that incorporates real world application practices (e.g., How to…, Tips and Tricks, Best Practices, Hands-On, etc.) delivered in one of the following formats:
- Presentation (one presenter)
- Panel Presentation with Co-presenters (presenter tables will be set up with a maximum of four chairs)
- Hands-on Demonstration (laptop, tablet, or mobile device is required for attendees)
Want to write a great proposal?
We want your proposal to be accepted as much as you do, but we have a limited number of open sessions available. To support your success, here is a list of questions for you to consider before you submit. Does your proposal:
- Align with the needs and interests of online educators?
- Relate to the “Cultivating Connections & Community” Conference Theme?
- Demonstrate a connection to one of the conference tracks?
- Clearly convey what your audience will learn from your session?
- Contribute thoughtfully to an existing practice or technology; or present an emerging strategy, technology, or issue?
For your convenience, the proposal questions can be found here. This word document is intended as a preview to the online submission process. We recommend you have the answers to the proposal questions filled out in advance so that you can easily cut and paste during the online submission process. All proposals must be submitted electronically via the “Submit Proposals Now” link below.
Submitting a proposal is easy! Here are steps to help:
- Click on the link below and create an account by selecting “Register” at the top right of the page.
- Verify your email address via email sent to the address used to create your account.
- Once you’ve verified your email address, select “View programs” to see the Online Teaching Conference Program and click “MORE”.
- Answer the Eligibility Question.
- If eligible, click “APPLY”, fill out the proposal questions and follow the prompts to submit your proposal!
- To submit more than one proposal, once you are logged in to the application software, click on “Programs” (top right of your screen), “MORE”, “APPLY”.
Questions? Please contact us:
email@example.com or (760) 744-1150 x1519