The California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office and CCC TechConnect are dedicated to continuing the efforts to limit the spread and impact of COVID-19.
Now more than ever it is important to provide our faculty, staff and administrators the tools needed for online instruction, learning and student success. TechConnect is committed to bringing the teaching community together and presenting the same quality content it has provided for the last 20 years. We are currently working on creating a balanced program that not only continues to enhance the needs of seasoned teaching professionals but also those who are new to online instruction given the current circumstances.
As we prepare for OTC’22 we are aware of the fluidity of requirements for large gatherings. TechConnect takes seriously and appreciates the resources you commit to attend our conference and in return will use the coming months to plan an informative, robust, and interactive OTC’22 according to current guidelines. We thank you for your support and patience, TechConnect will continue with the commitment to health and safety first.
Please see the listed resources below for current requirements, statuses, and updates.
Long Beach Convention & Entertainment Center
CCC TechConnect is monitoring protocols to ensure a safe event for all attendees, exhibitors, and staff. These protocols will be in place and mandatory until determined otherwise by the City of Long Beach and the Long Beach Convention & Entertainment Center.
Here’s some of the things currently being done at LBC&EC to protect health and peace of mind.
Health & Safety
- All attendees must complete COVID-19 health screenings upon entry to the event.
- Masks are required for all participants and staff. Masks will be provided for any participant who needs one.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the event on the exhibitor floor and in common areas. All participants are encouraged to wash and disinfect their hands regularly.
- Disinfectant fog spray service will be used each morning prior to opening and every evening after event closing.
- Enhanced cleaning will occur before, during, and after the event, focusing on high-touch areas such as door handles, restrooms, and food and beverage areas.
- 20 ft aisles on the trade show floor will help manage traffic and avoid crowding.
- Floor markings and relevant signage will be used to maintain social distancing.
- Workshops will be set up to allow 6′ of space between chairs, and there will be limited capacity on a first-come, first-serve basis, (this configuration is subject to change).
- Food and beverage will be provided in a no-contact way through pre-packaged food, (this is subject to change).
California Department of Health
CDC Guidance for Events and Large Gatherings
*as of November 3, 2021