Equity can be indeed achieved through adaptive learning, as each student is unique and learns differently. The presentation will discuss the use of video quizzes and surveys to create a positive learning environment that promotes equity, to increase student engagement and retention, and to design continuous improvement of the course. Interactive videos as a formative assessment tool allow students to adjust the learning speed to their needs. In conjunction with the mastery path, they can be used to create an adaptive learning model to increase the success rate. The presentation will show how to create video quizzes, integrate them with Canvas grade book and provide an overview of the interactive video tools available in CCCD Canvas and beyond.
Surveys can be used by the instructor to test and improve the efficiency of the teaching methods, provide timely help and increase the retention. The presentation will cover the use of surveys for monitoring student performance, tracking the students who are at risk of falling behind, and collecting ideas for course enhancement.
Accessibility of the quiz/survey question types and video players will be discussed in the context of the presentation.
1. Video quizzes:
– tools for video quizzes, which may include PlayPosit, Kaltura, Panopto, etc.
– Canvas grade book integration
– using video quizzes as formative assessment
– mastery path and adaptive learning
– defining the goals for the surveys
– how many surveys do you need?
– recommended questions
– video surveys and polls
• Name 5 benefits of using video quizzes.
• Integrate video quizzes with Canvas gradebook.
• Design surveys for student retention and curriculum development.